During these times of the Coronavirus pandemic, this post provides relationship tips while in social-isolation.
Looking for ways to keep the home fires burning without getting hot under the collar?
Relationships can be messy under normal circumstances. But put two or more people under the same roof with restrictions around movement, food, and social interaction outside of the house and tensions can rise to the point of exploding.
To help you manage these constrictions, I thought I’d share some ideas. If you use just one of these, it may make your relationships and life easier.
- Remember, the people living under your roof are on the same side as you, even if at times it may not feel like it.
- Catch someone under your roof doing something right rather than wrong. We’re all doing right things each day. Our job is to notice them and express appreciation.
- Be a Hawk-eye for humor. Even in the most dire of circumstances, life provides us with reasons to laugh.
- When faced with a choice between ego or humility, choose humility. None of us are perfect and it is liberating to admit it.
- Now is not the time for blame. We’re all doing the best we can in a very difficult situation. Forgive easily. Stay on the same team!
Do you have sensitive issues in your relationships that you need help with? Ask Coach Kathy about it. Submit your question below.
Leave a Reply