One of the best ways to make your kids feel secure in your marriage or relationship is make a regular practice of bragging about your mate in front of your children. Regardless of whether they are small, school age, teenagers, or adults, letting your kids hear what you admire about their father or mother is one of the best things you can do for your offspring. Below are a list of benefits from complimenting your mate in front of your children:
- It raises your children’s self-esteem in that it makes them feel secure.
- It raises your mate’s self-esteem because who doesn’t want to hear positive qualities about himself or herself?
- It models for your children to do the same thing for their mate when they are married or in a relationship.
- It makes YOU feel good giving the compliment.
- Even when having a difficult day, speaking positive words about your mate can shift the energy in a way that just might turn around the day.
Here is your homework assignment: Look for an opportunity to brag about your mate in front of your children once a day. If you miss the opportunity. You owe him or her two compliments for the next day!