Yesterday I was a guest on a Cleveland FM radio station, WDOK 102.1, to talk about the 10 signs that let you know if your mate is having an affair. The red flags signaling an affair used to be lipstick on a collar, a new-smelling perfume or cologne, or that a partner was spending more time away from home.
Although suspect perfume or cologne and lack of time with a mate are still part of the repertoire of affairs, it’s technology that has beefed up the repertoire in today’s day and age. Texting, cell phone calls, and e-mails are what have escorted affairs into the new millennium. Below is the list I talked about on the radio. Although technology is mentioned briefly in the list, it is used most often in hiding a relationship.
10 SIGNS YOUR MATE MAY BE HAVING AN AFFAIR (No single sign may mean your mate is being unfaithful, but if there is a combination … pay attention!)
1. Your mate is working a lot – especially on weekends and holidays.
2. The cell phone is glued to your mate’s ear. He or she disappears suddenly when talking on the cell phone. Your mate’s cell phone is locked.
3. Your mate is traveling a lot and says he or she can’t take you with.
4. Physical Intimacy changes – suddenly your mate wants more sex. He or she may be feeling guilty and needs to assuage the guilt.
5. More arguments over little things to justify leaving the house in anger in order to meet up with the other man or woman.
6. Suddenly, your mate shows up with flowers or gifts. He or she feels guilty.
7. You notice a wardrobe change, hair change, or a change in habits or taste in music.
8. You smell a different cologne or perfume on your mate.
9. There is unaccounted for missing money in a bank account. Or you notice charges on your credit card to new restaurants and stores.
10. Your gut tells you your mate is having an affair.