Doing relationship counseling sometimes gives me the opportunity to be on television or radio. I just got back to my office after appearing on a morning television talk show in Cleveland called, “Good Company” on WKYC Channel 3. The topic for the segment was “First Date No-No’s.” I thought you might like to see the list of 7 of these no-no’s I presented. Have any of these happened to you?
1. Don’t make suggestions – let him be in charge. (I disagree). If you have dietary needs you need to put in your 2 cents.
2. Don’t pay for the meal. The person initiating the date pays!
3. Don’t have sex on the first date! Do I need to elaborate? Really?
4. Don’t talk about your ex anything! Keep the date light and informational. Too much info too soon is a turn-off.
5. Don’t ask to be picked up at your home. Meet in a neutral location.
6. Don’t be any more than 5 minutes late – it’s bad form.
7. Don’t answer your cell phone! Unless you are a single mom and you’ve told your date that the children will be calling only in an emergency, let the thing ring.
Leave a Reply