Way back when in your relationship, dating your mate was fun. Quality time together was something you looked forward to because you knew you were guaranteed to experience new sites, sounds, smells, and tastes together. Well, unless since then you’ve lost your sight, your hearing, your sense of smell, and your taste buds, there’s no excuse for you and your partner to give up on dating. The key to a successful dating life in a marriage or relationship is the willingness to put yourselves in new environments and expose yourselves to new experiences. I’m not saying you have to jump out of planes or zip line through a jungle, although that certainly would help you make a memory together, I’m saying you and your mate need to make even small shifts to your traffic pattern out in the world to keep your dates fresh. For example:
- Take a different mode of transportation when going on a date, maybe a train or bus.
- When going to a favorite restaurant, drive a completely different route.
- When seeing a play or production, sit in the box seats for a change.
- Walk or ride bikes to your date destination instead of driving.
- If your mate usually drives, you drive instead.
If you want to learn the 10 Rules of Dating that will beef up quality time with your mate, click here.