In my May newsletter, I included a list of things a partner could do on Mother’s Day to show appreciation to his mate for being a fabulous mother to their children.
Below is a list of things you can do to appreciate your mate for being a great dad:
- Either have your mate’s car professionally detailed or have the kids wash his car – inside and out!
- Orchestrate the morning so he wakes up to the smell of his favorite coffee brewing. Supplement that with a yummy homemade breakfast. Have his favorite music playing as an added little touch.
- Arrange some of your favorite family photos in an area where he can see them on a regular basis throughout the day. The photos will spark memories and fun conversations amongst the entire family.
- Carve out a part of the day so that he can spend time doing his favorite thing, whether that is golfing, reading, or attending a sporting event.
- Stock up on his favorite snacks and beverages.
- Have a chat with your kids and explain that Father’s Day is a day to honor their dad and one of the best ways to do that is to minimize conflict. The goal is a peaceful day!
If you enjoyed this article and would like more tips, please feel free to download my “Top 10 Tips for Long Lasting Relationships” here.