Relationships can get complicated. To keep yours simple, there are several fundamental things you and your mate can do to create a strong and loving relationship or marriage, and keep it that way:
1. Notice what your mate is doing right. And by the way, he/she is doing right things all day long!
2. Be humble and accountable enough to admit when you’ve made a mistake – give a full-rounded apology rather than the quick “I’m sorry,” and then change your behavior!
3. Build teamwork between you by realizing no one person gets his/her way 100% of the time. Be willing to work together to brainstorm solutions to problems.
4. Keep the lines of communication open by being aware of your delivery. The language, tone, and volume you use is key to having a strong relationship.
5. Realize your relationship has a life force of its own. It needs attention. Look at it like it’s a job, and there are certain things you need to do so you don’t lose the job. One of the most important things you can do to keep your relationship in business is to spend quality time together every week – alone!
To learn more ways to keep your relationship/marriage strong, click here.