It takes dedication and hard work to create a lasting marriage.
As promised in last month’s newsletter, this month I am sharing with you the second half of the 40 Rituals that Make Relationships Last 40+ Years.
Here they are:
21. Communicate, even when it’s uncomfortable and uneasy.
22. Open up to each other about personal problems, too.
23. Admit your mistakes.
24. Be each other’s listening ear, or shoulder to lean on.
25. Listen closely.
26. Be willing to be silent when silence is needed.
27. Keep an open mind.
28. Focus on each other’s positive qualities.
29. Behave like each other is worth it.
30. Accept each other without trying to change each other.
31. Be respectful and gentle with each other’s feelings.
32. Don’t purposely bring each other down.
33. Use your words to lift each other up.
34. Make each other laugh.
35. Do little things daily to show each other you both care.
36. Express your appreciation.
37. Encourage each other.
38. Be there for each other, even when you’re apart.
39. Be loyal.
40. Take care of yourself, too.
Leave a Reply