It’s shocking when you think about it, but in some relationships in which two people are so busy, it is not uncommon for them to forget to physically touch one another. I’m talking about nonsexual physical touch. Research has shown that physical touch is not only beneficial for humans, it’s essential. And yet, the smallest gesture of touch can be overlooked because other things on our minds take higher priority.
If you are at a loss for how to physically touch your mate, here are some ideas:
- slip your hand inside your mate’s
- kiss him/her on the back or top of the head
- squeeze his/her shoulder
- lock your arm inside of his/her arm
- hug your mate from behind
- rest your head on his/her shoulder
- play footsie under the table
- drape your arm over his/her shoulder
- pinch your mate’s cheek
- pinky swear
- kiss your mate’s eyelids
- sit on his/her lap
For more reasons why physical touch is so good for you, click here.