So you and your mate just got back from a vacation. Do you feel like you need a vacation from having been on a vacation? Although getting away is supposed to be about leaving the stress behind, depending on how you prepare for the vacation, stress may end up being the uninvited guest. Consider these ideas to help your relationship or marriage withstand the stress of a vacation:
- Make sure you and your mate are clear on the “theme” of your trip. Will this be an activity vacation, one where you relax and vegetate, or a mix of both?
- Food is a huge factor on vacation. Make sure you share your food expectations with each other. Are you expecting casual meals, fine dining, or to do some cooking?
- Talk about the mode of transportation. If driving, who is behind the wheel, and for how long? How many times would you like to stop along the way?
- Set technology boundaries ahead of time. Will you be taking a laptop, ipad, etc. How often are you comfortable using technology while away?
- What is your vacation budget? Make sure you and your mate are both on the same page when it comes to spending while on vacation.
- Last, but not least, have a formal meeting a couple of weeks before leaving to go over this list so that you can pull out of your driveway or lift off the runway feeling as stress-free as possible.
To learn more ideas on how to make your vacation with your mate the best it can be, click here: