One of the hardest times in a relationship is when the two people in it reach the commitment crossroad. The commitment crossroad happens when one partner or the other feels like taking the relationship to a deeper level, but isn’t sure if the other person feels the same way. How do you know if you and your partner are ready for a commitment? Below are a just a few signs that you might be ready to have a “Define the Relationship” conversation with your mate:
1. You’ve been “exclusive” for many months.
2. You can communicate openly with each other.
3. You’re both transparent about your values, dreams, and goals.
4. You can drop the mask and show your faults – warts and all!
5. You are able to love the other person even when he or she seems unloveable – acts ornery, irritable, or is in a bad mood.
To learn more signs of commitment readiness, click here.