One of the best things you can do for your marriage or relationship is to support your mate’s passionate interests. Even if what your mate is interested in isn’t something you are particularly passionate about, it’s vital that you be your mate’s number 1 supporter. Follow these 5 simple rules and you will have a grateful partner, one who will most likely support your passions!
- Understand that supporting your mate’s passions gives you the opportunity to build your partner up. If you are having trouble doing this, perhaps it’s because you don’t have a passion of your own. Do you?
- Embracing your mate’s passions makes the relationship or marriage more interesting, well-rounded, and 3-dimensional. When you are alone together, it widens the topics of conversation.
- Supporting your partner’s passions enriches his or her self-esteem. A relationship is only as strong at the self-esteem of the two people in it.
- Remember this: Sometimes your mate’s job or career doesn’t make his or her soul sing, but the passion/interest does. Everyone deserves to have his or her soul sing.
- If you’re married and you don’t support your partner’s passions, he or she will still pursue them, putting you both at risk of becoming married singles.
- Having said all this, it is important to support your mate in his or her passion, unless the passion becomes so all-consuming that it puts the relationship at risk. Balance is the key! If you and your mate want to share in a joint passion, click here.