Father’s day is this Sunday. Did you know the number one love need for a man in a marriage or relationship is to be admired and appreciated? And what better day than Father’s Day to admire and appreciate your mate and the father of your children. Here are some things to think about leading up to this special day:
1. To show a man admiration and appreciation in front of others has 3 times the impact as showing him privately. So making a big deal of Dad on this day in front of the kids is important.
2. Kids take the lead from their mom on how to honor their dad. If the mom is proud of her mate for the things he does and stands for, she will teach the children to feel the same way.
3. Every dad wants to know he makes a difference. Here are some things a partner/children can do to show they appreciate Dad:
Appreciate him for the things he does:
- If he washes the car and keeps it clean
- If he fixes things around the house
- If he exercises
- If he plays with the kids
- If he is a good provider
Appreciate him for the things he says:
- If he’s funny
- If he’s complimentary
- If he talks about dreams and goals
- If he’s a good problem-solver
- If he’s a good listener
Appreciate him for the things he stands for:
- If he’s honest
- If he’s loyal
- If he’s dependable
- If he’s adventurous
Some ideas for appreciating your mate and children’s dad:
- Have a cookout for him and let him relax for once (unless he loves grilling)
- Make him a King for a Day and treat him like royalty – get his slippers, remote, newspaper, his favorite book, etc.
- Treat him like a hero and make a best protector/provider award
- Take him to his favorite restaurant and toast him during dinner or have each child say his/her favorite thing about Dad
For more ideas on how to make Father’s Day special for your mate, click here.
Leave a Reply