When a marriage gets into trouble, there are warning signs. Sadly, partners often don’t notice the signs because they are so distracted by day-to-day life. Sometimes it isn’t until the two people in the relationship are estranged that they realize they are in trouble.
So that you can prevent this from happening in your relationship, here are 6 warning signs of a troubled marriage:
- If you and your mate’s conversations are largely about the logistics of living, pay attention! Your marriage may be suffering. You didn’t get married to talk only about who is picking up the kids, what’s on the grocery list, or who does laundry this week.
- If you and our mate rarely laugh together, that’s a sign your life and perhaps your relationship, is getting too serious.
- Are you and your mate spending less and less quality time together? Are you busy doing your “own thing” most of the time. It could be a sign!
- Have you and your mate contracted “skin hunger?” Are you not touching each other, except for an accidental bump here and there?
- Are you and your partner going to bed at different times night after night? Going to bed at different times on a regular basis is a warning sign that your marriage may be under stress.
- Do you no longer like how you feel about yourself when you are with your mate? This is the most damaging warning sign of all. If this is the case, wake up! Your relationship most likely needs help. To learn other red flags in a relationship, click here